Overview / How it works
The Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan (SCBAP) was established in 1989 comprising of Supreme Court lawyers from all over Pakistan. It is an independent Bar Association whose aim is to uphold the rule of law, cause of justice and protect the interest of the legal profession as well as that of public. SCBAP is governed by an Executive Committee which consists of 22 elected members annually. Its mission is to provide welfare to its legal community, a platform to the members to raise voice against unjust government functionaries and to provide speedy justice to the people of Pakistan.
Goals and Objectives
Bar Associations are an integral part of any legal profession thus the Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan (SCBAP) is focused on promoting professional development, exchange of information and networking with other bar associations all over the world. The organization wishes to promote its members’ through programs focused on legal education, human rights, judicial reforms, legal ethics and substantive law reforms.
The process involves arrangement of workshops, seminars, conferences and other similar events by bringing key stakeholders together including law experts, academicians, human rights activists, international organizations, civil society, politicians and law graduates. Presentations, debates, round table discussions, .
Benefits / Anticipated outcomes
- Generate interaction / communication between professionals , serve the needs & interest of members locally as well as internationally
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field, to continually upgrade skills and knowledge in the discipline
- Enable meeting attendees and program participants to make important contacts
- Professional interaction from diverse backgrounds
- Garner broader and deeper support for more effective implementation of laws at national & international levels